Concept Dental is proud to offer the denturist services of Szilard Zombor D.D. He has 22 years experience in creating beautiful smiles and literally changing patient's lives from embarrassment and withdrawal to confident and outgoing.
He has an in-house dental lab at his disposal where he can serve the needs of our dental /denture patients whether it’s a simple repair or a full smile makeover all under one roof.
One of the many advantages to a denture patient having new dentures planned and created by our denturist really begins from the ground up. Szilard specializes in creating custom, patient specific dentures, unique to each and every patient he sees.
Here are some of Szilard's services:
- Planning and designing new dentures, specific to the needs and wants of the patient. He will often utilize pre extraction photos provided by the patient to help re-create a long lost smile.
- New dentures are typically created in 5 or more appointments.
- Szilard takes 2 sets of impressions one set with specially designed "custom" trays created in his lab just for the patient's mouth contours.
- Then a final impression using a specific, highly accurate impression material is used to form the underlying base of the patient's denture.
- Once the foundation is formed, he begins the work on the structure, which is finding and establishing the patient's specific "bite" to which the denture teeth are designed.
- Szilard then has a thorough and detailed discussion with the patient in choosing the shape, size, color and arrangement of the denture teeth during this "bite registration " appointment.
- The next appointment is a culmination of the 3 prior appointments in which the patient will actually be able to "try in” the wax base dentures with the prospective denture teeth set by Szilard. At this time both the patient and Szilard will be able to look, feel and examine the bite of the denture in the patient's mouth. A careful and thorough examination of the tooth position within the patient's bite and the esthetics of the dentures will be evaluated by Szilard. At this stage, input from the patient is an essential component of the success of the dentures from a look and feel perspective. The patient's feedback at this juncture is critical and this is when all changes are made prior to finishing the denture. Often, if Szilard feels that a patient is unsure or unable to decide if this new look is "for them " he will send the patient home with the wax try in to have the patient examine the wax dentures at home and have any family or friends give their input on the new dentures before they are completed in the permanent bases. This extra step ensures that Szilard’s patients get the smile they were looking for without the surprise "oh my gosh" comments from caring family or friends when they arrive home with their new smile.
- Of course the last appointment is the final delivery of the new dentures. Szilard completes them with a beautiful polish and finish ensuring maximum stain resistance. Some minor adjustments may be needed at this time. Szilard will review denture care, maintenance and expectations with you as well.
- All post delivery adjustments are taken care of by Szilard so his patients have an easy transition with their new smile.
Partial Denture Services
In addition to full dentures Szilard also fits patients with partial dentures. Partial dentures are made for patients who maybe missing some, but not all, of their natural teeth. These circumstances are often complex and challenging.
Szilard has many different options for restoring smiles with partial dentures, depending on the patient's specific needs and circumstances.
Partial dentures are basically made from 2 types of materials: denture acrylic or a type of dental grade metal or a combination of the two.
Acrylic partials are often referred to as "flippers” or " temporary or transitional partials" as these are typically made to be a "stop gap" or temporary solution until a permanent restoration is completed for a particular patient. An example would be if a patient loses a front upper tooth and needs a flipper partial to replace it until either a new fixed bridge or implant crown would replace the flipper. This way the patient does not have the embarrassment of being without a front tooth while undergoing more permanent treatment, which may take months or years depending on the individual’s dental circumstance.
A more permanent partial is a cast metal partial. These are generally made from a cast chromium cobalt metal substructure in combination with denture teeth acrylic. In some circumstances for patients with allergies the substructure metal can be changed to either a gold alloy or titanium base. The fabrication of the partials are made in a similar path to those with full dentures and wax try in appointment is included to ensure a perfect color and shape match to the remaining natural teeth, ensuring maximum dental privacy.
Szilard can reline or refit you r existing dentures the same day. Relines are the process in which an impression is made inside your existing denture (partial or complete) to form a new intimate fit to your gums. Szilard's patients have minimal time without their denture when having relines completed. Unlike many other dental offices that need to send the reline out to a lab, Concept Dental has an in house lab allowing the reline to be completed within a few hours.
One of the simplest and most valuable services Szilard offers is a same day denture repair. When a denture is broken and needs repair Concept Dental's in house dental lab can handle the majority of repairs same day and often while you wait.